Fully Outsourced Records Management Program
Many organizations currently store and manage active records using their own facilities and staff, while sending inactive records offsite to be stored at an Iron Mountain facility. With growing frequency many companies are shifting their management of active records offsite, taking advantage of Iron Mountain's expertise, infrastructure and staff resources.
PARTNER WITH THE LEADER IN INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
In the United States alone, thousands of companies already use the wide range of information services offered by Iron Mountain to manage specific aspects of their records management operations. Iron Mountain's ActivFile™ Solutions program combines these services into a fully outsourced, active records management program that allows you to significantly reduce costs associated with complex records management and operations.
Iron Mountain works with you to design a customized solution that integrates seamlessly with your business process. The process begins with an Information Management Assessment conducted by a team of records management experts. The output from this comprehensive assessment will provide you with a roadmap for managing your current records management operations.
Offsite ActivFile Solutions capabilities include:
- Physical records storage, including open-shelf and boxed storage
- File completion verification
- Drop filing and versioning
- Scheduled deliveries of physical records
- Document conversion
- Hosted archiving of electronic records
- Diverse options for delivery of electronic versions of documents
INTEGRATING PAPER RECORDS WITH NEW ELECTRONIC PROCESSES
In addition to providing offsite management of all your active records, Iron Mountain can provide imaging services and hosted electronic storage of your electronic records. Iron Mountain's Image on Demand™ service allows you to image only what you need, only when you need it, resulting in significant savings but still providing quick and easy access to your records. In fact, Iron Mountain can often distribute documents faster than retrieving a physical document from an onsite file room.
Further, with the use of Iron Mountain's Digital Record Center® for Images and Image on Demand™ services, documents can be accessed and distributed in electronic format, making onsite storage of physical records less necessary. Given the high cost of real estate, especially in prime office locations, offsite file management can reduce document storage expenses.
ENSURING CONSISTENT PRACTICES
For organizations that struggle to manage their active documents in several locations — often while relying on part-time records managers — outsourcing the task to Iron Mountain ensures that files are consistently managed using best practices that meet compliance requirements.
SIMPLIFY RECORDS MANAGEMENT AND INCREASE REVENUE OPPORTUNITIES
The program begins with the consolidation of active and inactive records into a single system managed by Iron Mountain. Your records are stored and managed offsite at either an Iron Mountain facility or a dedicated facility designed to meet your specific needs. As a result, valuable space can be used for revenue-generating opportunities. This consolidation reduces the accumulation of time tracking records as well as the time and effort necessary to maintain file rooms, perform purges, and manage file-room staff — allowing you to significantly reduce your current in-house records management program costs.
INDUSTRY-LEADING TECHNOLOGY DECREASES COSTS AND INCREASES ACCESS
Iron Mountain guarantees that your records are available for retrieval 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can even be requested over the Internet using the Iron Mountain Connect™ portal. Iron Mountain Connect provides authorized users with fast, secure access to your records. This unique Web-based tool supports your staff with powerful and flexible reporting, searching, file retrievals, and tracking capabilities through a user-friendly, intuitive interface that requires minimal training to use.
KEY PROGRAM FEATURES
Iron Mountain's ActivFile Solutions program contains all the elements you need to support your Information Management goals:
- Leveraging Existing Facilities and Infrastructure. Choose from a variety of facility options, owned by you or Iron Mountain, leveraging Iron Mountain's IT systems and logistics to keep your costs low.
- Consolidates Onsite and Overflow Records. All active and inactive records are centrally stored, organized, and indexed using a common file sequence.
- Off-Loads File Maintenance Operations. Record retrieval, filing, interfiling, and other information management activities are performed by dedicated staff provided by Iron Mountain.
- Storage, Purpose-Built Open-Shelf and box Filing. Accommodates a wide variety of record formats.
- Iron Mountain Connect™. Provides 24/7/365 online access to all record inventories with powerful reporting, searching and file-tracking capabilities.
- Customized Service-Level Agreements. Set at start of contract and sensitive to the distance and location of your organization.
- Fixed Annual Pricing. Payable in monthly installments with simplified billing that enables improved cash flow planning.
- Image On Demand™ Service. Outsources scanning operations, facilitates the delivery of documents, and enables historical information to be integrated with Electronic Content Management systems.
- Secure Destruction of Records. Ensures certified destruction of records and automatic management retention schedules.
- Accutrac® Software. Iron Mountain's Accutrac software provides a total records management solution that enables you to manage active and inactive records wherever they reside, all from a single interface. This capability helps you to efficiently manage your file inventory and daily order transactions with Iron Mountain, streamlines the retrieval of records, and supports litigation preparedness and compliance requirements.
About Iron Mountain. Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides information management services that help organizations lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing their physical and digital data. Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information assets, including backup and archival data, electronic records, document imaging, business records, secure shredding, and more, for organizations around the world. Visit the company Web site at www.ironmountain.com for more information.