At Iron Mountain, we recognize that your privacy compliance
challenges extend beyond paper-based information to include
electronic storage media as well. Data tapes, DVDs and other
media are potentially vulnerable if not securely disposed.
The Iron Mountain Difference
Iron Mountain’s secure media destruction solution
renders materials permanently destroyed, unreadable and
non-recoverable. Furthermore, the final disposition is
handled in an environmentally appropriate manner.
Some of the important benefits of Iron Mountain’s
comprehensive program include:
- Destruction via incineration process.
- Custom designed, secure transportation with
dedicated routes, 24x7 GPS tracking capabilities, and
thoroughly vetted drivers.
- Proprietary workflows that include security personnel
assigned to quality check incoming materials and
witness destruction process for audit purposes.
- Ongoing monitoring of partners and continuous
improvement design adjustments to ensure your
program evolves with advances in technology.
- An environmentally friendly waste-to-energy
destruction process which creates reusable energy.
Iron Mountain provides secure media destruction with
approved partners that meet our high standards and
submit to ongoing due diligence and recurring compliance
reviews. All workflows are proprietary Iron Mountain
methodologies that ensure security from collection
through final destruction.
How Iron Mountain’s Secure Media Destruction Process Works
Consolidate & Prepare for Transport
- Iron Mountain collects and consolidates materials directly from your facility or from
your inventory stored at an Iron Mountain facility.
- A record of the materials designated for destruction is entered into our inventory
- Materials are shrink-wrapped, tagged and staged in preparation for secure
transport to the media destruction plant.
- The tagged materials are loaded onto a dedicated, secure transport vehicle.
- A numbered trailer seal is affixed to the secure vehicle and documented for
- The materials are transported to the media destruction plant.
Secure Media Destruction
- Receipt of materials is confirmed through the trailer seal and verification
of the pallet labels.
- Materials are incinerated, rendering them unreadable and non-recoverable.
- Reusable energy is created through a waste-to-energy destruction process.
Materials for secure media destruction
- CDs & DVDs
- Microfilm and Microfiche
- ID Badges
- Bank Cards
- Data tapes
- Audio/Video Tapes
- Computer Disks
- eWaste: computer hard drives, PCs, laptops, servers,
- Hazardous wastes or medical wastes
The Experts In Compliant Information Destruction
Unmatched experience, the strictest security practices
and controls, and a documented chain-of-custody are just
a few of the reasons why Iron Mountain is the world’s most
trusted partner for compliant information protection,
storage, and destruction.