What if you could know that your offsite media inventory was both complete and accurate?
It’s the data management “what if” that keeps you up at night: You store media offsite to protect your organization, but what if your records don’t match up with what’s actually in the offsite vault? Get a Free Quote »
Unknown or unresolved media inventory discrepancies represent major risk to your organization—especially when media that is unaccounted for could be requested at any time as part of an audit, litigation request, or in response to a disaster recovery incident. And it can take significant time, energy, and expense to search for and locate misplaced media, so it’s in your best interest to know your inventory is accurate and complete.
The Iron Mountain® Inventory Audit service provides an extra measure of confidence by helping you:
- Inspect all, or a subset, of your physical media stored in an Iron Mountain facility
- Prepare reports that confirm the vault contents and highlight any discrepancies
- Respond to annual or quarterly mandates to inventory offsite media
- Reduce the burden on in-house resources of traveling offsite to perform audits
Inventory Audit: Service Level Options
Depending on your needs and the reason you’re performing an audit, there are several Inventory Audit service options available to support you:
- Inventory Comparison: Simple and effective, you submit your media barcode numbers via SecureSync™ and then we generate a report that shows any discrepancies. This is a no-charge service for current Iron Mountain® Offsite Tape Vaulting customers.
- Logic Vault Audit: Scan and report. Iron Mountain scans all or a subset of the barcodes for your media stored in our vault. When complete, your authorized users receive a report of the findings, including any errors, duplicates and/or missing items.
- Customer Scan: Roll up your sleeves and get hands on. Visit an Iron Mountain media vault and you’ll be given a space to work where you can perform an audit onsite using your own staff. Iron Mountain will assist you with the audit and help you resolve any discrepancies should they arise.
What You Gain
- The ability to prove compliance to your management, as well as internal and external auditors
- Confidence that your offsite media is ready to support your organization’s data backup and recovery needs
- The freedom to focus valuable internal resource on business-critical work, rather than time-consuming inventory audit tasks