Secure Media Destruction Service
Iron Mountain works with you to protect your organization and your customers’ privacy through our Secure Media Destruction Service, which provides a reliable, secure and environmentally friendly way to dispose of backup tapes, DVDs and other non-paper media. Get a Free Quote »
Our offsite Secure Media Destruction service leverages auditable, field-proven procedures and workflows to protect your existing and new media while in our possession as well as in transit.
- Collect and consolidate materials directly from your facility or from your inventory stored at an Iron Mountain facility
- Inventory and track the materials designated for destruction with the InControl® solution, our patented chain-of-custody solution
- Shrink-wrap, tag, prepare materials for secure transport
- Destroy or recycle your electronic media using environmentally friendly processes in accordance with all local, state, and federal regulations
Reduce the risk of sensitive data leaving your premises. Equipped with robust mobile shredding technology, our onsite destruction service follows rigorous data privacy and security workflows to ensure your computer hard drives, backup tapes, and other assorted electronic storage media are completely destroyed.
Protect your electronic storage media by selecting Iron Mountain to:
- Destroy hard drives and onsite with mobile shredders
- Document the security of your data during the destruction process with a fully auditable security framework, helping achieve full compliance with data privacy regulations
- Erase or demagnetize select electronic media prior to shredding
Safe and Environmentally Responsible Media Destruction
Iron Mountain is an e-Stewards Enterprise, offering secure IT asset disposition services that are e-Stewards certified.
E-waste is now the fastest growing component of the municipal solid waste stream. Unfortunately, Electronic waste isn’t just waste - it contains some very toxic substances which ultimately end up in the biosphere and our food chain when they are not recycled properly. e-Stewards Certified Recyclers adhere to the highest standard of environmental responsibility and worker safety, protecting human health and the global environment.