Escrow Verification Services
Technology escrow agreements are critical components of an intelligent risk management strategy. However, statistics show that more than 75% of all escrow deposits are incomplete, and more than 85% require additional input from developers. Iron Mountain's Escrow Verification Services are the global standard for mitigating risk through comprehensive asset verification and testing. Get a Free Quote »
Placing source code or other licensed technology in escrow only addresses half of your risk. Complementing your escrow arrangement with verification services provides complete intellectual property protection and management, and ensures a more rapid recovery for your organization should circumstances require it.
Iron Mountain's trusted escrow agents offer unrivaled insight into the composition of your escrow deposits through a five-step approach to verification:
- File List Test — Checks that deposited assets are readable, virus-free and-if encrypted—that Iron Mountain has the decryption keys on deposit.
- Inventory and Analysis Test — Provides a complete audit and inventory of your deposit, including analysis of deposited media to verify the presence of build instructions and identification of materials necessary to recreate the original development environment.
- Compile Test — Validates whether the development environment can be recreated from the documentation and files supplied in the escrow deposit.
- Binary Comparison Test — Tests the functionality of the compiled deposit materials by comparing the files built in compile testing to the licensed, executable file running at your site.
- Full Usability Test — Confirms that the source code placed in escrow will be fully functional in the event of a release. We run a series of tests to ensure that replicated software runs properly, and then create a detailed report of these tests, which includes demonstrations of the functioning software in action.
In short, Iron Mountain's Escrow Verification Services offer peace of mind in the form of an easy-to-read report that identifies what you have, ensures that it is complete and functional, and defines what you would need to do in order to reconstruct your technology should the need arise. It's risk management made easy, with all the resources and expertise of the world's leading provider of intellectual property management services at your fingertips.